If you were a child of the 1980s, then spotting bonbon dishes was like finding hidden treasure. You knew that there would be small treats in there, offering bursts of sweet flavor that had you wanting to sneak another one when the adults weren’t looking.
Like most elements from the 70s home, the classic bonbon dishes evolved into larger crystal candy dishes. Then the health movement came along, and they all disappeared. Instead of eating candy straight from the bag, maybe now is the right time to bring these old-fashioned coffee table staples back.
Although the handmade bowls or blown glass masterworks may not be an option for the average home, these affordable solutions could help you to bring this trend back.
Best Ideas to Replace Bonbon Dishes Today
1. DOWAN manufactures eight-ounce porcelain ramekins and dessert bowls that come in a set of six. They offer a rounded design with a conforming edge which keeps the candies in place without the awkward shapes that other manufacturers provide. It is a lead-free and cadmium-free product that is also microwave and dishwasher safe.
2. Studio Silversmiths have created a beautiful blue crystal candy dish which brings back a taste of Grandma’s house on a Sunday afternoon. This affordable dish creates the perfect addition to any coffee or side table to display the latest treats.
3. Donoucls offers a hand-cut crystal dish that creates the perfect bonbon style, featuring honeycomb patterning that doesn’t take up a lot of space. It has the added weight you’d want from a heavy-duty product as well. Use it for your seasonal decorations if you wish too.
4. If you want to take advantage of word art with your interior style, then consider this option from Coffeezone as a way to bring back the bonbon dish. Although this option is for the letter “G,” you can purchase whatever letter of the alphabet suits your requirements. Try purchasing “Love” as a dish package for a fun way to offer treats. Each is made from porcelain, is microwave safe, and passes Prop 65 standards in California.
5. Rainie Love offers a pressed faceted crystal container with a lid that can help you discover when sneaky hands might be trying to explore the treats available in your bonbon dish. The height is only 8.3 centimeters, so it will not take up much space on your table. The weight is excellent for this product, even though it is the size of about a standard coffee mug.
6. James Scott presents a set of three 6-inch stainless steel bowls which look exactly like the classic bonbon dishes from a different era. Each is hammered into its final shape, giving you a hand-crafted look while sticking to your budget. You can also purchase a 10-inch bowl for larger treats if you wish. It offers a durable finish, is dishwasher safe, and adds a stylish touch to any surface in your home.
Are you ready to bring back the trend of bonbon dishes? Then take advantage of these products to make it happen in your home today!